Welcome to explore Espoo!
How to start
- Go to app.cityspotting.fi. (Cityspotting works in the browser, no need to download the app.)
- Create a user account for yourself with your own e-mail and a password of your own making.
- Once you have logged into the application, activate the Espoo discovery tour with the activation code:
IMPORTANT! When the map opens, the application asks for permission to determine the location. Allow location. You can find further instructions here if the location does not work.
The discovery tour is available to you for six months after your registration.
We are happy to see you here participating in Cityspotting in Espoo!
Cityspotting is an urban adventure for locals. You will find beautiful places, interesting true stories and exciting mysteries. Great outdoor exercises are also available. This is definitely the best and most secret Espoo guide!
You'll end up in exciting and familiar places, and hopefully you'll get to go out in a completely new place many times. You may also end up thinking or wondering about something that was not part of your daily experiences before. And if you need something more physical or even more secret, those things are there too (if you can find them, of course). Some of the places are visible and easy. But only a part.
Here are some guidelines you should read – they may come in handy on the go. Also, if you have headphones, you should bring them with you (it may be easier to listen to our guides on site).
- You can see the possible spot options on the map.
- With the exception of the very first welcome spot, the contents of the spots only open on the spot. This means that you have to go to that exact place.
- When you've visited a spot, always mark it as done.
- In the videos you can choose English subtitles.
- After visiting the spot, you can open the video at any time later!
- You should always choose cycling or walking if you can. If you ride a bicycle, always wear a helmet.
On the spot
- Always check the accuracy of the instructions and the location of the place; sometimes situations change. For example, road construction work may be in progress, and the site cannot be visited.
- Always act in accordance with the law and safely.
- Let us know if the directions or the location of the place are not correct. Our email is: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If necessary, let us know about other surprising or worrying events.
- In an emergency, call the emergency number 112.
You can communicate with other participants and share your experiences, for example on Facebook or Instagram. Please don't spoil the content of the spots though!
We use the Facebook handle @cityspotting and the Instagram account @thecityspotting and the tag #thecityspotting. Tag us, we'll be happy to share your experiences.
For your travels
Our goal is that you get meaningful experiences of nature, your immediate environment and physical activity, which are then linked to society, emotions, learning, knowledge and some meta-skills.
Hey, good luck on your adventures!
Mikko, Sami & Tiina,
The Cityspotting team